The Office of the Ombudsman has confirmed the Department of Justice's (DOJ) recommendation to file a plunder case against Senator Jinggoy Estrada and other officials, in connection with alleged anomalies in controversial flood control projects.
DOJ Resolution Names Primary Respondents
According to Assistant Ombudsman Mico Clavano, Estrada is among the "primary respondents" listed in the DOJ resolution. "The primary respondents named in the resolution of the DOJ include Senator Jose 'Jinggoy' Ejercito Estrada," Clavano said in a press conference on May 18, 2026.
Also included in the DOJ list is former Department of Public Works and Highways Secretary Manny Bonoan.
Senator Estrada declined to comment on the plunder case. "No comment," Estrada said, adding, "Talk to my lawyer."
Previous Cases Against Other Officials
It is recalled that aside from Estrada, the Ombudsman had earlier announced cases being prepared against Senator Chiz Escudero and former House Speaker and Leyte 1st District Representative Martin Romualdez.
Among current and former senators, only former Senator Bong Revilla has been arrested in connection with the alleged anomalies in flood control projects.



