Senator Robin Padilla stated that he has not yet received any summons related to the investigation into Senator Ronald dela Rosa's departure from the Senate in the early hours of May 14. Padilla said he is still waiting to be invited so he can explain his side regarding reports that he was with Dela Rosa when he left the Senate premises.
Meanwhile, National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Director Melvin Matibag said that Padilla should explain his role in Dela Rosa's departure from the Senate's protective custody amid an arrest warrant issued by the International Criminal Court (ICC) against the senator. According to Matibag, Padilla was the “last companion” of Dela Rosa before he left the Senate.
In a separate statement, Padilla said he was not on the second floor of the Senate when the shooting occurred on the night of May 13. He added that he only went down to check on other senators after hearing gunfire before returning to Dela Rosa.
It was earlier reported that Dela Rosa was no longer in the Senate and had left past 2:00 a.m. on May 14. Padilla had previously admitted in an interview that the vehicle seen in CCTV footage was his, but he did not confirm whether Dela Rosa was inside. On Monday, Dela Rosa was placed under the Senate's protective custody after NBI personnel attempted to arrest him based on the ICC arrest warrant.



